With Wisdom of Learning, we eliminate the "fluff" and just give you powerful tools to build study and test taking skills to make your academic life easier and your future brighter. We base our work on solid research and years of experience helping students with test and performance anxiety.
What we have learned
- Test anxiety hurts academic performance.
- Reducing test anxiety can significantly improve academic performance.
- Cognitive and behavioral interventions are the "gold standard" for test-taking anxiety (and many other forms of anxiety).
- Combining effective study skills, relaxation skills, and cognitive and behavioral interventions is superior to any single approach for overcoming test-taking anxiety.
- Levels of encouragement, motivation, and optimism are important predictors of academic performance and therefore important ingredients in any academic development program.
What we provide
- We developed one of the most comprehensive, research based, on-line programs available for test-taking anxiety and academic skills development.
- We included both cognitive and behavioral skills education in our "Overcoming Anxiety" section.
- We combined research-based techniques to quickly hone study skills and overcoming anxiety skills, to offer the best opportunity for significant academic improvement.
- We adjust for each student's individual level of "readiness", and offer a variety of cognitive and behavioral tools for the development of self-encouragement, optimism and academic confidence.
There are many assumptions about what a "good student" needs to know for study skills. Our first step was to summarize the research on study skills, identifying which are the most essential to improve academic performance. Additionally, we have presented these skills in ways that are simple and easy to use, maximizing the chances that these skills will be learned and applied in effective ways.
This program is not intended to replace professional counseling services or psychotherapy for an anxiety disorder or any mental health problem. However, many studies and our own personal experience have shown that "self-help" education and skill development tools, such as Wisdom of Learning, are often surprisingly effective in helping to improve academic confidence.
Yes, a little stress can help capture your attention. However, too much can cause big problems. Relaxation has many important benefits - it helps you notice stress early, it feels good, calms the mind, and creates an opportunity for your best academic performance.
As you probably know, it is not enough to offer effective information or skills. We have found that the student needs help in developing the motivation to learn, apply the learning, and succeed. We call it "self encouragement." Much research shows that how information is presented can make a dramatic improvement in the motivation to learn. Every student differs in her or his readiness to learn. The presentation of material needs to be skillful and flexible.
Of course, online learning is not designed to be a replacement for a person-to-person approach to learning. However, there are many unique advantages and some surprising evidence to support the effectiveness and advantages to online learning - in its most effective form.
Efficient... Effective... Easy to use...
Your time is valuable!
Return to home page